Friday, February 20, 2015

Jamaica Adventures - Post #8

     Hello everyone!

     We are coming up on my last week (Tomorrow I have exactly 7 days left here) in Jamaica with these Beautiful kiddos, fabulous pod mothers and cooks, and wonderful staff and interns. It is a bit bittersweet. I have to admit, after being here for over 7 weeks, it feels weird to think that my life will be completely different in just a few short days. The stress of last minute doctor visits, bridal shower after bridal shower, moving from city to city for several days, debriefing from my long internship here, leaving home, making new friends, developing a new church community, finding a job, figuring out more permanent housing as Adam and I near our date of marriage, wedding planning galore, and keeping in touch with those I love all over the world sounds a bit daunting and scary to me. 

     But to be honest. I am ready. 

     I am going to miss Jamaica like none other. I am going to miss the many hugs and kisses I get and give each day. I am going to miss the wonderful pod moms who I have had the privilege of getting to know more deeply. I am going to miss my good friends who have run this race with me. I am going to miss the "no problem" mindset of the Jamaican culture and the easy going pace that this country has. I am going to miss a lot of things and a lot of people, but right now I am not feeling sad about leaving. 

     I am confident that I will be here again. Soon. In 5 years, I have been here 3 times. No matter what I do, I cannot keep from coming back. 

     These kids have stolen my heart.

     And I know that until March 12th, when Marah leaves, I will be able to facetime the kiddos back here. 
     And I know that until March 25th, when Taylor leaves, I will be able to facetime the kiddos back here. 
     And I know that until May 1st, when Tasia and Chyanne leave, I will be able to facetime the kiddos back here. 
 
     After that, it will be harder for true (shout out to Danielle), but God is faithful and I know I will one day be able to return here. When I leave and come back, things will be different. Kids may have come and gone. Relationships will have changed. Kids will have grown. Some may not even remember me. But that's okay. Some very wise words have been told to me. There is a time for everything. 

     For now, I am here. 

     In 8, almost 7 days, I will be in America. 

     After that, who knows? 

     My days are filled with the Joy of the Spirit and I am soaking up the time I have left with the wonderful people that I have grown to love here. I love them now and I will love them forever. 

     The internet has made the world a much smaller place, and as I have been for all of my long distance relationships, I am thankful beyond belief. 

     This is not "Goodbye"...this is "See you later."









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers